Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Post #4 on Class material

For my fourth and final post on class maerial, I would like to comment on the article we read in class "how digg.com is democratizing the news". I think the democratization of the news is a great, and unique idea that does have a lot of potential. I think it helps solve the current news problem today that it is very uniform, and owned by a few large firms. This gives the news a chance to be published by people and should shed new light on different subjects. Also using RSS feeds to filter news that interests any one person can also be very convienent. However I do agree with some of the critics that bashed this idea in the article. It will be interesting to see if digg does begin to shape into a tabloid type publication. Those types of stories are entertaining and may dominate the popular front page if they get the most hits.

2 comments:

AKJ Books said...

I agree with Rob. I plan on getting all my news now from Digg and may even start posting on it.

Danielle Albert said...

I agree with Rob in regards to the fact that I think it is great that the people get to choose which news topics are important. I also think this is a great way to maybe help engage people in the news that don't really keep up with current events.