Thursday, May 17, 2007

Final Blog Posting: New York Mets wikipedia Article

Similar to my other article “New York Yankees” the “New York mets” had a well developed and mature article. The information covering the team was very extensive reaching from its origins in 1957 to the present day.
For my first edit to the article, I added a few sentences on how the Mets acquired Toms Seaver, who is one of the best pitchers in the history of the game. I added “Even though the Mets remained in last place, Tom Seaver was a sign of good fortune to come. He was originally signed by the Atlanta Braves in February 1966 out of the University of Southern California, but his contract was voided by Commissioner William D. Eckert on the basis that the USC season had already started when Seaver signed. In order to resolve this issue, the Mets, Indians, and Phillies were all placed in a hat since they were the only teams willing to match the Braves offer, and the Mets were fortunate enough to win the drawing”. Since I posted this edit, it has remained in the article unchanged. I had expected this since it is an important part of their history and is accurate.
For my second edit in the section titled “1996-2004: Piazza, Bobby V, and the Subway Series" I added another statistic in MLB history that during the 2002 season Al Leiter became the only pitcher to defeat all thirty teams in the majors. For the most part this edit had stayed but the wikipedia community removed my second portion of the sentence saying that Al Leiter was at the end of his career.
For my third and final edit, I commented on the Mets most recent season, which is the most evolving section of this article to date. I stated that the Mets should be battling the Atlanta Braves all season for the division lead since they are both strong teams and off to great starts. However this edit was completely removed. I am not sure why this was removed because I felt it was an objective statement.
In general the article is mainly developing in the sections that apply to current times. This mainly deals with the section discussing the current season and the plans for the new stadium.

No comments: