Thursday, May 17, 2007

Final Blog posting: "Seawane Country Club" Wikipedia Article

For the Wikipedia article “Seawane Country Club”, I was the creator of this page. This article had generated the most feedback from the community out of all four of my chosen articles. After I made my first post of providing some basic information about the club and giving contact information about the club, I found that the article was deleted by the community. The reason that was provided for this was because they stated that the article was not objective and had a slanted bias. I wasn’t exactly sure why the wikipedia community had felt this way because the information was very straight forward and neutral in my mind. So for my second article I re-posted the same information by listing what the club offered, where it was located and some contact information. To my surprise the article remained unbothered and I have not had a problem with the article since. For my third edit to this article I had provided a link to the County clubs home website in order to provide the community a resource for more information.
As far as the development of the article, I was the only one to contribute to the article since this topic only applies to people who know of the place. I am not surprised by this because it is a private club and a lot of the members are very old. So I would not imagine a lot of the members would be active wikipedia community members. It will be interesting to see if the article will remain stagnant in the future since I will no longer be updating the article.
Permalink-Sewane Country Club

No comments: