Monday, May 14, 2007

Final Blog Posting: New York Yankees Wikipedia Article

When I first began working on my first wikipedia article “New York Yankees”, the article was already well developed containing a lot of information. So for my edits, I decided to add relevant facts to the history of the team that weren’t already included. The first edit that I made listed a couple of accomplishments of Babe Ruth in the section titled “The Ruth and Gehrig era and the Stadium (1923-1935)”. The information that I posted actually remained but was altered a little. The facts of Babe Ruth that I added were that he accumulated 2,213 RBIs over his career which ranks second in Major League History, and totaled 1,971 as a Yankee which is second best in the Yankees team history". These facts remained in the wikipedia article but the grammars of the sentences were altered slightly by adding parenthesis.
For my second Edit I also added another statistic from Yankee history that remained. My edit stated that Roger Clemens achieved his 300th win and 4000th strikeout in the same game which was placed in the articles section titled “The 21st century (2001-Present)”. This edit had remained unchanged since I wrote it in and is still there.
For my third and final edit I contributed to the latest section called “The 21st century (2001-Present)” by stating that the Yankees had resigned Roger Clemens to a tremendous deal. My edit had been altered by the community since I made the edit right after the transaction occurred in real life and didn’t have all of the details at the time. As more information was revealed about the topic, someone added more insight by stating that the signing was technically a minor league contract and indicated the worth of the contract. This has been the most recent information added to the article since this only occurred a couple of weeks ago.
As far as the development of the entire article, most of the new additions come at the end of the article that deals with the current Yankees 2007 season. Any revisions before the current season’s section are just grammatical corrections since this area is already very mature. I would consider this article pretty active since a lot of people are interested in the Yankees.
permalink- NEW YORK YANKEES

No comments: